Last month was a bit trying with the rash and the radiators, but I am happy to say this month we are back “up and running” in more ways than one. Namely, I am, well… Running Again!
This is such a huge answer to prayer! It is so great to able to run again and to look forward to the possibility of sports (and sport’s ministries) in the future. My physiotherapy team have been great and have kept me busy. They have me on a strict exercise routine for at least 30 minutes every day, which now includes running in a straight line on flat surfaces. All this work is starting to pay off, and although, I am by no means “in-shape”, I am starting to feel like my old-younger self again.
On the ministry front, we too have “hit the ground running” even though we continue to be in national lockdown. This month, in particular, saw the beginning of two exciting new endeavours. Firstly, Miriam has been helping to coordinate and promote weekly online workshops for folks in the church. So far, they have had a knitting session, a baking session, and a story-telling session. This has been a great way to keep up the spirits of folks that have been in “lockdown” for basically a year now.
Furthermore, as we have not been able to meet in person, we decided to re-work our Family Services and move them online. These have been a lot of fun and have been going well. It has been encouraging to find a working solution to doing children’s ministry in lockdown.
- We have kept running and helping a multitude of online youth meetings such as: Shuffle and Shake, Redefine, and “More”. Even though online ministry is admittedly not ideal, we have actually had several new teens come along and invite their friends this month. Also, just today I received and email from a fellow youth worker looking for help on starting an online-based youth gaming group.
- This month I met online with Youth for Christ National (Britain) for a one-day conference. It was exciting to see what God is doing through YFC across the whole of Britain. God has given YFC a clear vision to proclaim the Gospel to the Youth of the UK. It is so encouraging to be a part of the greater YFC family, that longs to see every young person in the UK come to know Jesus as their Lord and Saviour.
- Miriam and I (with a bit of tag team parenting) have been able to continue our online Welsh Lessons. Miriam was able to take a practice exam and we are now starting our third level (Canolradd) of learning.
- Schools are still closed here due to lockdown, so we have been overseeing the kids schoolwork from home. It appears that Ethan will be able to go back to school for 3 days a week starting next week, but it is yet to be announced when Lydia’s age group will be allowed to return.
- Lydia has her 8th birthday at the end of this month and is very excited.
- Ethan is currently loving an old TV programme called “Robot Wars.” So, in our extra time together, I have been building him little “robots” and an “arena” for them to battle in.
- Please continue to pray for God’s provision for a house for us. We are still waiting to receive my “Indefinite Leave to Remain” which will allow us to approach a bank for a mortgage. Please pray that I will receive Indefinite Leave to Remain this month and that we will be able to afford a mortgage. This will allow us to move into a permanent home base for all our ministry efforts here in Colwyn Bay.
- Please continue to pray for the “turning of the tide” regarding Coronavirus and Lockdowns. We long to be able to meet with people and minister in person again.
- Please continue to pray for my ACL recovery. I am back on track and making good progress. Praise the Lord!
- Lastly, please pray for the formation of Colwyn Bay Youth for Christ and that it will be an instrument in God’s hand to see many young lives saved.
Grace and Peace